Thursday, July 26, 2012

Early Summer Thoughts: 2012

First time here? Visit my New Visitors page to catch up.

______________________________
At the end of spring 2012 after meditating and listening for my guidance, I made several decisions. My decisions involved several aspects of living into my Power: physical, mental, and spiritual. The overall theme of this post is stretching without breaking.



Early summer 2012
Physical: I decided to eat at least one meal a day that was made up of only raw food such as fruit, vegetables, oats, or nuts. I kicked up my gym time to include at least 5 days a week for a minimum of 1.5 hours. I increased my massages to a minimum of 3 times a month. 

Mental: I decided to stop thinking about some of the things that have been on my mind for at least 6 months. To stop, meant that I had to mentally let go of items that meant a great deal to me. Belongings from my past that cannot be replaced. Items from my history that can be replaced. This was not easy to do. In fact, though less and less, I still find this one difficult.

Spiritual: I decided to accept the fact that organized religion runs counter to my spirituality and in direct opposition to what God has called me to do as a minister. This has been an ongoing struggle for most of my adult life, and all of my professional life until now. I am at peace with ending the conflict, and I no longer want or need to be connected to a religious organization. 

At the beginning of summer--June, I began implementing my decisions. Now, as I move into August, I find the struggles that were most difficult at first, mentally and emotionally letting go of my past belongings, are not as prevalent. If I am meant to keep them, the Universe will show me the way. The decision that I thought would be the easiest to implement, bumping up my workout time, is becoming more difficult. 

Perhaps I am hitting a wall, or perhaps my body is responding in a way that in time will reveal a difference that I do not yet know about. Perhaps the combination of switching to raw food regularly and more gym time is taxing in a way that I don't yet recognize. 

The good news, once I get to the gym, I have no difficulty with my workout. I also have no difficulty staying on my old routine of working out at least 3 times a week. Consequently, I am not loosing ground. I am, however, finding motivation to be fleeting at times. Nothing to stop me, yet, but fleeting.

From my PowerLife to yours,
2012


Elandus












2012. All rights reserved.